K5 - 8 Faith Formation
Watching the seed of faith in a child and youth grow through the gifts of the Spirit is the greatest joy for any parent. Parents are both the first and primary educators of their children. By word and example, parents form their child in the Catholic faith. Southeast Catholic Religious Education becomes a partner with parents by fostering the growing relationship between God and the child. Parents are supported in their duties by actively participating within the parish liturgy, community service activities, and adult faith formation.
For K5 In Person Schedule - Go to Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
2023 - 24 On - Campus Program
Grades 1 - 8
The program format includes faith formation for the whole family.
1. Classes are held on the SECOND and FOURTH Wednesday evenings, 6 - 7:30pm.
2. Families begin in Johnson Hall at St. Veronica parish with a family activity and opening prayer.
3. Parents take children to classrooms in the school building for grade level instruction.
4. Parents attend a presentation by one of the pastors in the meeting room of the RE office area.
5. Children are picked up at the classrooms by parents.
Parent Led Study at Home Using Textbook K5 - 8
Families may prefer to teach their children at home for many different reasons. Southeast Catholic offers parents the opportunity to use the student textbook and prepared lesson plans to work with their children. Familes meet with the director to review the student progress twice during the year. Parents can receive additional assistance anytime.